Acronyms and Definitions
Employee Dress Code
Employee Email Access
Georgia Department of Education
GCSS Employee Self Service
My PSC Professional Standards
Time Clock Login
REACH Georgia Scholars
On October 16, 2017, the Gainesville City School City hosted its second annual REACH Georgia Signing Ceremony, honoring five middle school scholars. The 2017 GMS Reach Scholars are Gemima Ntekawa Deko, Abigail Goss, Naomi Reese, Cristian Reyes, and Jonathan Velasquez. These five scholars along with their parents signed contracts committing to maintaining good grades, attendance, and behavior throughout middle School and high school and to successfully complete their high school graduation. Upon satisfactory completion of program requirements, each scholar will receive a $10,000 scholarship to attend any HOPE-eligible college or technical college in Georgia.
The REACH Georgia program is a needs-based scholarship program that pairs middle school students (Scholars) with mentors, coaches and additional resources to prepare them for college and careers. REACH Scholars who successfully complete the program and graduate from high school earn a $10,000 scholarship paid over four years. For future Scholars, beginning in 2017-2018 the school district commits to providing 35% of the scholarship with the remaining 65% coming from State REACH funds. Individuals or organizations interested in making a tax deductible donation to support our scholars' college access and completion can contact Lynn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-536-5275.
Gainesville City School System and Hall County Schools have joined efforts in raising donations for our REACH scholars. Donations can now be made online at www.ngcf.org. Monetary donations to REACH can be made in the Gainesville-Hall Fund at the North Georgia Community Foundation and are tax deductible (501c3). Checks may be mailed to NGCF at 615 Oak Street, Suite 1300, Gainesville, Georgia 30501. (When submitting checks, please note REACH: Gainesville-Hall Fund on the check memo line).
For individuals interested in mentoring REACH scholars, please contact Marie Davis at email@example.com.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
7 - 8
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
As ONE GAINESVILLE, we will inspire, nurture, challenge, and prepare our students as we educate them to be successful in a 21st century global society.
Our students will think critically, act compassionately, work meaningfully, choose wisely, and live joyfully.
© 2017 Gainesville City School System, 508 Oak St., Gainesville, GA 30501 • M: 770-536-5275 F: 770-287-2019 • GCSS Webmaster
It is the policy of the Gainesville City Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.